sun glasses

Amy

Joined Nov 2003
2K Posts | 0+
Paradise CA
i have broken my fifth pair of sun glasses since the begining of last summer. i need a pair that wont break durring normal use. maybe my head is too wide or somthing but i swear the ear pieces always break off when i put them on or take them off. any one know of any brand that sells polarized lenses with frames that are flexible and not cheap plastic?

you don't need sun glasses, you live in seattle!

I like my oakleys (sp?). Metal frame, Polarized lenses.

Go to Thefirestore.com, and look at the Wiley X wire frames. I have a couple pair of them, they are light, and have the better polarized lenses than my $300 Revo's.

dude, i tell you what, since moving to seattle my eyes have been 3x as sensitive to bright light. as soon as the sun comes out i cant drive without sun glasses. even on a day where the clouds arent that thick my eyes still hurt from the brightness of the clouds, kindof like sun reflecting on the snow.

Capt- I'm glad you made a comparison to your Revo's. I need a new pair of glasses and my Revo's are too heavy and I don't wanna spend that much on glasses that I only like a little.

The Wiley X 480 looks cool, but I'm a little leary about buying a pair without trying them on first. Time for research.

jigiggs, I wear Coasta Del Mar glasses. They have arguably the "best" polarized lenses, and at least the ones I have do have Springloaded temples. I love em'

man, 100 bucks for those glasses capt, ive already spent like 130 on sun glasses that dont last a month so i guess if these glasses last me a year ill be sitting pretty. i kinda want darker lenses though.

yea right, wavy rippled lenses and sharp edges, no thanks lol.

Although I rarely do, most higher quality sunglass manufacturers recomend removing your glasses with both hands rather than by just one of the temples..... :roll:

jihiggs said:
i have broken my fifth pair of sun glasses since the begining of last summer. i need a pair that wont break durring normal use. maybe my head is too wide or somthing but i swear the ear pieces always break off when i put them on or take them off. any one know of any brand that sells polarized lenses with frames that are flexible and not cheap plastic?

you need a pair of those glasses Steve Martin invented in t he movie, The Jerk, ( I think) t hat had the handle piece on the bridge

RayBan Wayfarer II's

Let me start off by saying that I have a huge head. It is almost impossible for me to find glasses to fit me. I did find a pair of RayBan Wayfarer II's that have the large lenses (58mm) and spring hinges that fit beautifully. No pressure anywhere.

I got them for about $60 (shipping included) on eBay just before Christmas. If you don't mind looking like the 3rd Blues Brother they might work for you.

Chuck
wing98

yea, then i could go crosseyed lol.
blues brother eh? i like the sound of that!

dinoa2 said:
jihiggs said:

you need a pair of those glasses Steve Martin invented in t he movie, The Jerk, ( I think) t hat had the handle piece on the bridge

That was the Opti-grab, and Mell Brooks never looked the same since.

I wear Action Optics when I guide (fly fishing for trout). I have glass lenses in the copper color and they work great.

Chris

Troutbum, glad to see you around. Hopefully you had a good year on the streams down there. We had a great time this year on the Little Manistee and the Holy Waters of the Au Sable.

I've had the same pair of Black Flys sun glass for the past 2-3 years and haven't had any problems. But who knows what will happen now since I opened my big mouth. :banghead:

I can't wear true sunglasses as I'm so nearsighted that I'm almost blind. The ones that I have are Adidas sports glasses with removable inserts. The temples are actually designed to break away. You just pop them back in.

Try:

http://www.adidas.com/eyewear/homesite/

or:

Adidas Retail Seattle
1501 Fifth Avenue
Seattle WA 98101

Capt - Got the shades yesterday. Perfect!!

They are so light compared to my Revo's!!

Thanks for the lead.

Dave