Today's smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
C I Legends red label (Perdomo) - I have yet to smoke a Perdomo I liked and this may have been the closest I've come. Nothing to really complain about, but nothing to put it on my buy list.

Don Lino Africa Gordito - Smoked about a half dozen of these and I'm still not sure if they are good or just OK. May have to buy more if the price is right.

CI Legends yellow label - Don Pepin - Said to be good ROTT but loses it with a little rest. Just about the way it was.

La Perla Habana Classic Maduro toro - Didn't do much for me in the way of flavor, but a decent smoke that burned well.

Arganese CL3 torpedo - Nothing special- smoked while digging up bamboo rootsand sweating profusely.

Xikar HC Habano Colorado churchill - Plugged and the wrapper cracked when I draw poked it. Not a bad smoke, but it still smoked ok. Not something I'll be buying again.

yesterday - Felipe Gregorio Fusion toro - nothing special and nothing bad about this cigar.

Gurkha Widow Maker churchill - Not a bad cigar with a little bit of sweet flavor.

Leon Jiminez Imperiales clasico belicoso - Uneven burn for what looked like nice construction. Not bad, but nothing special.

Schizo 7x70 - A big Cigar with some flavor. This one canoed on my and I could never get the burn to even out. It was a decent enough cigar, but the burn problem and huge size were somewhat negative, The one I had prior to this had wrapper problems.

Topstone Directors light CT wrapper - Ragged construction cigar, but smoked well. Little or no flavor.

San Andres Gordo Maduro - a few days off the truck, made by A Turrent, Now badly constructed, it's a 6x60 cigar that burned well but seems to be lacking in flavor.

Last night I smoked an Obsidian. It was my second, with the first one 2-3 years ago in the morning and it was way too strong for a morning smoke. This one had 2-3 years of aging and was still strong, but maybe a little smoother. Could be a good smoke for those who like strong smokes without a lot of flavor.

The maduro that started it all. My go to stick: C&C Rollback maduro toro.

Last edited:
A friend of mine used to like C&C's, but not the roll back. The picture looks awfully light for a maduro.

A friend of mine used to like C&C's, but not the roll back. The picture looks awfully light for a maduro.

Great stick, I buy the in singles from Spec's liqours. I do have to check each time I buy that's it's not the natural, but the maduros (it is possible make a mistake reaching for them since they're on a lower shelf).

Did your friend say why he disliked the Rollback? I found no one has heard of this stick ever time I mention its my favorite go to smoke for $2.49.

Last edited:
My friend never smoked a roll back, so he never had the opportunity to like them. Perhaps those you have talked to have a disdain for liquor/convenience/gas station cigar stores.

Last edited:
El Baton robusto with Jarritos Mandarin soda waiting for the thunderstorms to roll in soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.