Joined Oct 2005
2K Posts | 1+
Lost in translation
test

Attachments

• 11-15 pics 099.jpg
    11-15 pics 099.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 380
finally, someone can see my pics. Now I'm just waiting for the size flames. :flameon:

Looks okay to me, phisherman. It does cause me to have to scroll ever so slightly horizontally to get it all in, but I think that's my monitor, and not your picture. I was informed after a discussion with another staff member who posted pics a while back, that since his images fell within forum guidelines, my scrolling slightly to look at his images was probably due to some missing capability with my monitor, even though I have an NEC MultiSync 17" flat screen monitor. It would appear that even a 17" flat screen doesn't get everything.

At work I sit in front of what I believe is either a 19" or 21" inch monitor, the new space age kind, no back, I forget what they're called. EVERYTHING'S viewable on those monitors.

If you know that the image you posted falls within the guidelines as outlined in Fernando's image posting announcement, then everything should be okay.

Bloofie --

It has more to do with settings rather than size! I am running a 21" Samsung here at work that supports up to 1600x1200 pixels. I could easily set it down to a much lower setting. If you are running Windows XP, when you are at your desktop right click on the mouse, and select properties -- then go over to the Settings Tab. If you are running an older version of Windows, go to "Control Panel" and select on "Display" and look at your settings.

Oh.

THE GREAT DUMBONI strikes again!!!

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

I've been in the computer field for what, 20 years now??? I'm running Windows ME and just did what you said. It seems that I was set for 800x600 pixels, and reset it to 1024x768 pixels. The only thing is that now the font is smaller, and it's harder to read everything. I'll just sit a little closer. Those images are fine now, though. I don't have to do any scrolling. I guess I can get used to the small print on the screen, but my eyes are so bad, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Bloof,

Somewhere in the settings is one that will let you change to a larger font size.

Thanks, dbrad. That did it. I gotta go pour some bourbon and smoke something. The blond(e) is really dominating the scene here, and it's already a gloomy, cloudy day.