Quick question about labels

Joined Aug 2006
297 Posts | 0+
Somewhere Out there
how can i re-attatch bands that fell off? what kind of glue can i use?

I guess you could use one of those solid glue sticks since it won't run the risk of dripping onto the wrapper like say traditional Elmer's would. Just place a very small amount on the band and spread it so it's not concentrated in one area (this could lead to bleeding through to the cigar and being absorbed. Also choose one that has the least amount of odor.

...or you could just smoke the cigar and put the band in your journal :wink:

Get a glue stick that people use for scrap booking. I have used it before, and it works great. When you pull the band off, it doesn't tear the band all apart.

How did your band(s) just fall off?

While glue sticks I'm sure would be fine, isn't vegatable glue used to attach it at the factory? Why not try a drop of pectin?

to be honest they didnt fall off...they were taken off and shipped seperately...

CohibaSmoker said:

This can be very complicated. You don't want to run the risk of ruining your fine cigars. If you send a few to me, I will experiment and let you know the perfect method to reattach those labels. :wink: :wink:

acharpe said:
CohibaSmoker said:

This can be very complicated. You don't want to run the risk of ruining your fine cigars. If you send a few to me, I will experiment and let you know the perfect method to reattach those labels. :wink: :wink:

Well done there brother - BP would have been proud of you.

I am with the glue stick boys on this one - that is what I used when I had to re-apply a band that pealed off one of my cigars.

There you go, and good luck with all of it!

You dont smoke the band, put it in the book, I take my bands off asap, I dont want the guy next to me to fel bad when he is smoking a consurerga & I have a Cuban Monte #2 , its not what you smoke it is who you smoke with. I would rather smoke a cheep cigar in good company that a good cigar with a bunch of rejects, as long as you know what your smoking , & it dont mean Jack $hlt to the guy next to you, , Sure I leave the bands on my Cubans toi show off when I am busting some ones balls but 99% of the time I remove the band when I clip it , But thats just me, you can do what ever you like it is a free country last time I looked, but with the local polititions trying to pass a smoking ban here in da burgh, I want to tell them all to KMA , you cant legeslate behavour , the courts have to much say in our lives also, & since Monday is the First Monday in Oct. the Suprime court of the USA will be in session, God Help us ! who knows what laws they will uphold & what they will trash, But now it is time for me to get off the soap box & go to bed , hey what was the question anyhow ! hahaha , pass the single malt !!!! I am fired up ! Enjoy, Vince

vince said:
You dont smoke the band, put it in the book, I take my bands off asap, I dont want the guy next to me to fel bad when he is smoking a consurerga & I have a Cuban Monte #2 , its not what you smoke it is who you smoke with. I would rather smoke a cheep cigar in good company that a good cigar with a bunch of rejects, as long as you know what your smoking , & it dont mean Jack $hlt to the guy next to you, , Sure I leave the bands on my Cubans toi show off when I am busting some ones balls but 99% of the time I remove the band when I clip it , But thats just me, you can do what ever you like it is a free country last time I looked, but with the local polititions trying to pass a smoking ban here in da burgh, I want to tell them all to KMA , you cant legeslate behavour , the courts have to much say in our lives also, & since Monday is the First Monday in Oct. the Suprime court of the USA will be in session, God Help us ! who knows what laws they will uphold & what they will trash, But now it is time for me to get off the soap box & go to bed , hey what was the question anyhow ! hahaha , pass the single malt !!!! I am fired up ! Enjoy, Vince

I completely agree with you...
I wanted to re-attatch the label because I got an assortment of ISOM Cigars in this shipment. Due to the variety it would be easier for me to have the bands on so I could easily identify the cigar when its in my humidor. Otherwise, I could care less about whether the cigar is bandless or banded, like you said I'm not smoking the band.

Cohiba, I would just use the glue stick. Although what quagmire memtioned is what they use at the factory, it is very hard to find.