Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternon , it is Saturday a COLD wet SNOWING day here in da Burgh, yesterday it was 75 F , warm and sunny today just like a regular November day, wet , cold and GRAY. I am in the qtr.Deck and it is 70 here the stub of last nights masterpiece is jammed in my jaw, , no fire on it yet, just a great taste so why change it. , I dont know if I will be able to post on sunday , so I have some time today, , I might but as it looks now I will be away from the computer . nothing new in the family or with a cigar smokers experence, I am off to take care of the wife, she has the flu...
enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is sunday 11/27/16 a chilly gray november day here in da burgh, all of 40F , its damp and a light wind the real feel temp is 31 F according to the weather channel . the wife is still down with the bug , I did take her to the doc last monday but she is no better today , it has been over a week that she has been sick , it is starting to get on my nerves, the hacking , sneezing , watering eyes , stuffed up nose, and thats just ME she is far worse,,,,,, its cutting into my cigar time, that is zero when she is in the car, my car is an ashtray with wheels !!! even the whisky isnt tasting as good, dammmmm
Thanksgiving day was a no brainer, I did a small bird , mashed potatoes, yams with pecans , stuffing and creamed peas , pumpkin cheese cake ... lots of left overs execpt for the cheesecake, no matter how bad you feel, the cheese cake slides down . haha .

Since we haven't felt well this week the breakfast was a grilled muffin with egg, cheese and bacon , i didnt finish mine , but I did eat all the bacon !!! , not going to cook today , to many left overs.

Grandson #1 took a road trip to visit a friend from Paris , that he went to school with in Columbia SA , she is here visiting so he went to Chicago to visit her ...... still waiting for photos . Grandson #2 is working the over night shift at Kmart and going to keep up his computer classes ,,,, between work, school and girlfriend , I wonder when he sleeps?

the wifes car is one week away from going to the body shop , we will drop it next sunday evening so they can start first thing monday, & on monday the Furnace, a/c and hot water tank will be replace, we had planned on doing it in the spring , but the fan motor is making all kinds of noise & a replacement is not being made any more, its OLD, so its time to replace it, since the furnace is comming out the hot water tank is going to go away at the same time, I havent touched the tank in 17 years , it had a 5 year warrenty , so it is getting replaces with a tankless system , and we are going from an 80% efficent furnace to a 95 % , so the a/c is getting an upgrade at the same time, HO HO HO Merry Christmas . ten five for the upgrades , 2200 for her car, all just before Christmas, there went my Convertable hahahaha

I have a pot of zimbobaway from a local roaster to finish then an Eathopian later today, No KONA , taste buds are flat why drink the great stuff when you cant taste ....

Enjoy, Vince

11;56 am Good morning , just made that but it will be afternoon by the time I am finished,
its a cold dry gray december day here in da burgh, , not much has changed since feb. 2004 when I started this thread, every one got older , that is the biggest change , my daily routine is almost the same but I dont get up to go to work anymore, retirement is OK at times but I miss the BS .
the wife still is not feeling well so I am not making the hunk O beef today , Soup is on the menu , right out of the freezer from the last time I made a pot of Veg/Beef , thats all she wants , so thats what she gets ,
Cream Of wheat was breakfast with rasins and craberrys for her & I had a little pineapple in mine , the coffee was a BIG change , I am not a fan of flavoried coffee but this time of the year she wants that holiday blend that we used to get from Hickory farms , but they stopped making it so I went out to the local roaster and we came up with a nice mix, 8 oz. Columbian AA , 4 oz, hazelnut, 2oz french vanillia and 2 Oz cinnimion, medium grind into the pot it went, , I say close enough , could used less cinnamion , add a little chocolate and maybe Patachio , I stay away from the ginger nutmeg thanksgiving style spices , this should be different than the fall blends with the light maple base, tastes come and go this years mix is verry drinkable , but Not good with a cigar , and the price of the KONA went up as well as the Blue Mt. so i am putting a halt on that , 50 bucks a pound is STUPID for coffee 65 for the Blue Mt. ,,, bring on the Maxwell house (NOT) , I hate to say it but I have been drinking a lot of CHARBUCKS , it sort of grows on you , I have been lazy lately & havenot roasted any coffee in a month, buying it all ready roasted, paying to much for it , but I still grind it fresh every morning
I do have some coffees from the Americia's , that needs to see the fire, a few African coffees also , & if I look deeper into the coffee locker I might have some Indian monsoon some place , but they all need roasted, well I need to get off the computer and get started with my day, still in my robe and slippers need to get into the shower & get dressed, its time for a cigar Enjoy, Vince

Humm the posting above didnt come out in green ?

Good afternoon it is Sunday 12/11/16 a cols snowcovered day here in da burgh, 24F with snow as fine as salt coming down, so tiy and fine almost like rain drops but since it is below 32 F and the ground is cold , it is stacking up the plow has gone by one time so far i hope it is the last as he stacks it up at the end of the drive way, its not heavy , it is all removed with a broom, no shovel needed YET.
the hunk O beef is in the oven after all it is Sunday & that is her favorite so it is the standard & will not vary all that much.
the New furnace was installed monday & tuesday , along with the A/C and a tankless hot water system, a new gas line was added and the guy tells me my drain line from the bathroom is leaking, so the new line is going in asap, , I had a fender bender last month , my wife hit the gate at the church parking lot , , so her car is still in the body shop, then friday , I got my second deer , with a car , not far from the first one I got a few years ago, so in the 40 plus years we have lived here , she has a deer, I have 2 and a turkey, countless possums, raccoons, squirells, and rabbits as well as ONE skunk.
I need a BREAK , maybe I should try the lottery hahahaha
we did go with the daughter last night to visit the grandson at work, we had sushi and this morning I had a GREAT Fishy extra heavy dump , it was Marvelous !!!!!!
I have the heat on and will be heading to the Qtr.Deck asap , the coffee is columbian and the kona is brewing cold & will be ready about 5 PM , just in time for after dinner with a little brandy on this cold Pittsburgh Day, this after noon I have a 12 YO Islay blend , 4 different Islay single malts with not enough of any of them to make a drams worth, so all 4 went into the same glass, , it is just a tad light of the one ounce serving size , but has that Islay nose , I will be tasting it soon with a don carlos #4 today , just a small change from the #3 well its time to add the potatos to the pot and fire up a cigar , enjoy , Vince

good morning it is Sunday 12/18/16 a cold snow & ice covered morning here in da Burgh , we had Rain last night it was up to 60F yesterday today it is all frozen & down right SHITTY out. , One week till Christmas , Broke & beat down , dammmm a bad time from Thanksgiving till now , I had a fender bender so did my wife & before we got hers out of the body shop I hit a deer, so thats 3 trips to the body shop , furnace, a/c replaced a tankless hot water system went in , & the plumber fixed a leak in the crawl space under one of the bathrooms, I hope it s fixed , and in the spring it looks like a roof will be going on ,,,,, dammmmm I retired to soon.

I know I am getting OLD , , went to see Rouge one , on friday morning , the cheepest show of the day, had to get up to PEE 3 dammmm times , missed the ending, by the time I was heading back to the seat , people were comming out.....

todays hunk O beef is in the oven , breakfast was a bacon & seven cheese scramble with Flac seed toast & our custom blend Christmas Coffee , with home made Pittezells , thAT WE MADE YESTERDAY, 9 DOZEN LEMON & NINE DOZEN ANNIS , 2 cookies at a time in the Iron, it was long but fun, with the aroma of licorice in the kitchen i mad some sweet sausage for supper with a bit of Vadillia onions and some spicy brown mustard, I have been lighting up the gas meter all day hahahaha

I have a Padron 64 anniv calling to me this morning so its time to pour the Kona and get busy with the rest of my day , Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 1/8/17 a COLD snow covered day here in da Burgh , 14F with a wind chill of MINUS 2 . Just a normal winter day here in da Burgh to cold to go to the qtr.deck today , the cost & time to get it up to a comfortable temp.would be off the scale, so it is a day that I will be heading to a local bar some time today to enjoy a wee dram and A cigar , well maybe 2 .... depends on who is there , the Steelers play at 1 today ,wild car play off so I think the places will be loud and packed so i might wait till after the game so it is a bit quiet , depening on if they win , then the place will still be loud , so i might just forgo the whisky , substitute coffee & go for a cigar drive , like I did last night with the wife, stopping at CharBuck$ for her Chestnut , crem brulie half soy half cafe, hafe Bullshit , 7 buck cup of burnt coffee, I get a double espresso for 2 bucks and thats enough for me , along with the 20 ounce travel mug I make here at home before we go . We had a nice ride last night about 75 miles & went no place , just a nice ride to Butler Pa , and back to Ambridge Pa , stopping for more coffee at a Convinence shop/ gas station that has better coffee than charbucks but thats all they make is COFFEE , No capachinos, no espresso, , no frozen bullshit just great coffee , CHEEP a 12 ounce cup is 2 bucks ..... she got the Sumatra, I got the dark roast Zimbobway , almost got the Columbian , but I have it here at home, and have a mug of it now, so no big bold Z here at home so I went for it .
Since it is so dammmmm cold out we had Oatmeal with rasins for breakfast today , a nice change from the eggs and bacon , but I did make a few strips of bacon and crumbled it in the oat meal with a drop of maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit.
The price of Beef is getting out of hand, a small chuck roast was 15 bucks , out of sight price wise, a hunk of chuck just over 2 pounds BULLSHIT the Steaks were 9.95 a pound ,,,, just mind blowing , we got a .03 % raise , and the Pa gas tax went up 8 cents a gallon to the Highest gas tax in the country, a gallon of gas for the cheepest I can find (Costco ) 2.69 a gallon everyone else is 10 cents higher and you need to be a member of costco to buy gas or anything thing there , that is over 50 bucks a year for the Privlage of spending your money there. .... go figure.

so with the high cost of gas , beef and everything else I am going to make a hunk of FISH instead of the beef today , I will be wrapping Cod , with Phillo dough , spinich and feta cheese , giving it a bath in olive oil and baking it till it is Golden Brown .a ONE pot (tray) meal , it all goes in the oven , and with the spinich and dough shell with the cheese a slice of lemon is all the side dish I want or need .
NEWS FLASH , I went back to work last thursday, & will be working every thursday at Sheffield Lanes in Aliquippa Pa a local bowling alley , I will be behind the bar selling your favorite scotches and bourbons , beers and soft drinks , , if you want a martini of manhattan , go upstairs to the real bartender , I am just here to pour booze and open beers ,and Talk to the customers , so shut up and drink , smoke & listen to the Jazz.

Since thanksgiving I have burnt through cash like a drunken sailor , I had a small fender bender , 500 deductable , my wife had one a few weeks later again 500 bucks , the furnace went out and we upgraded to a 95 % effecent from the standard 80 % furnace, well the A/C was not compatable with the new heat sorce so that was replaced & since the hot water tank was the same age as the furnace it was replaced with a tankless system and the drain in the wifes bathroom had to be replaces and with all was done we spent all the cash we had set to the side for gifts for each other, the regular gifts were covered for the kids , grandkids , and other family members , but nothing for each other , & when we need some thing we just go get it if the cash is there , so it was not a big deal , after 46 years of married bliss ( hahahaha ) birthdays anniv. what do we need?
I hope 2017 is a better year than 16 was , Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 1/15/17 a cold clear day here in da Burgh , yesterday was # 2 Grandsons 19th birthday , ,,,, say what you will about getting old , the body is not holding up as well as I hoped for but the idea I have my Youngest grandson being 19 makes me feel OLDER than I should be , I wish I was 19 years younger than I am , but I would have missed all the good times I had with him growing up so I guess I will just stay the old man I am , lets face it I have no other choice hahahaha
we are getting back to the regular Sunday menu, the hunk O beef is in the oven , the heat is on out in the Qtr.Deck and I have the Kona in the press pot waiting for the arrivial of Don Carlos #3 , so it looks like & I hope it will be a DO NOTHING Sunday other than RELAXING , sure I will be cooking the rest of today's food, but I do enjoy that.
My car is heading to the shop Tuesday for the anniual state inspection and reaming from the garage , I am sure this is going to cost a ton AGAIN, and the wifes car is set for wed. , so a doubble hit , she has about 2000 miles on her car from this time last year I have about 25000 on mine , she gets an exemption from the emmisions test but you still have to pay for the sticker , BIG DEAL the testing center still gets paid but no trst is done , a great way to make extra bucks , but I get my moneys worth, of testing , exams , and computer read outs , I get my sticker for the windshield just the same as hers with out the exempt stamp on the face . Here In Pa we have the HIGHEST gasoline tax in the country the average price for a gallon of regular gas , is 2.69 , about 20/25 miles in Ohio or W.VA it is about 30 cents a gallon less , I might use a gallon each way to save 30 cents per gallon my average fill up is 12 or 13 gallons , it will take me about 45 minutes each way, , a nice cigar ride, coffee, Jazz and being able to give the finger to the governer of Pa ,,,,, might be a regular trip . I might not save a lot as per the time and distance but the satisfaction might be worth it .

for the past 2 Thursdays I have been tending bar and selling cigars at Shiefield Lanes in Aliquippa Pa, a basement bar called the Fall out Shelter , harkens back to the cold war times when everyone wanted to build a bomb shelter in the back yard , its not all the big but it has a nice sound system and fair ventalation for the cigars all be it verrrry loud, the owner is working on moving the fan outside and let it draw the smoke instead of pushing it out.

so far this winter has been on the mild side , there have been a few very cold spells and some snow , but not as bad as it could have been, the area to our south east has been getting the brunt of the bad weather about 50 miles away. Better them than US , in fact one day last week we had a dusting to about one inch here & just 5 miles from me to the NW , ZERO snow , thats how close the lines are .

today I am drinking coffee we got for Christmas from my brother , from a roaster in Pittsburgh , it was so wet & oily it made a mess of the burr grinder , the ground coffee stuck to everything , it is a medium dark roast called strip district , a section of Pittsburgh were all the wholesale produce & bake shops cheese shops & fish shops are located in a strip along the Allegheny river .

I need to get the hot water into the Kona asap as I forgot to do it cold last night , , enjoy , Vince

Good afternoon it is Friday 1/20/17 , just watched the 45th President take the oath of office, , watching the snowflakes , cry baby & professional complainers (D) protest the event . I do not remember the tea party,NRA or Republican party protesting Obomma. We have a change of administration , a PEACEFUL change , one of the few countrys in the world that do it every 4 / 8 years , with out bloodshed so far . when the President elect gets 40 % of the pop vote and is elected by the electorial collage ,there were protests and the 16th president Abe Lincoln was sworn in ..... times never change much , Lincoln was a R , so is the Donald,
Enjoy, Vince

Vince, why don't you keep your dumb-ass political views to yourself.

because that is not who I am , over the many years I have posted here , I have keept my view out in the open, ,, not going to change my personality to conform with others, I am a person with my own thoughts and beliefs

Good after noon it is Sunday 1/22/17 a warm wet day here in da burgh 55 F and rain not your typical day here for Jan. should be about 35 with snow , but I will take what ever I can get. Had a busy morning made a roasted red pepper & cheese scrampled eggs wirg oatmeal toast and the last of the coffee from a roaster in pittsburgh, , glad its done , it was a verrry wet bean heavy with oil but not much flavor , a damp musty aroma , , I will not be going back to that place anytime soon. , my brother loves the place , so i might have gotten a bad batch, but it has turned me off , i might try again with a few cups of different roasts and veritys but this one sucked. glad its done. , the hunk o beef is in the oven, and I have all ready been to the cemitary to remove the Christmas wreaths from my inlaws graves , they need to be taken down before the end of the month or the grounds keepers toss them on Feb 1. , there are no upright head stones in the entire place, just brass markers set on marbel in cement on each grave, , makes grass cutting a wize as they can mow right over everything , , I think the founders also had a brass works , they get you both ways , a ton of money for a plot and a ton of money for the marker.....

to be honest I am not happy with retirement, it has been 6 months and I am getting ichy , needing to get out of the house, , not just in the Qtr Deck out , but away from the wife and all the day to day BS that she wants me to do , so for the past 3 weeks I have been tending bar every thursday at the fallout shelter in the basement of sheffiels lanes bowling alley in Aliquippa Pa . one night a week , from 5 to midnight, , it has been fun but I think I need a little more time away ..... , the best thing is I can smoke at work just like the cigar shop, we have a cigar club meeting the 3rd thursday of the month, and last week was the first meeting night I worked , there was a guy from a local cyder press with samples of 6 different hard ciders, one was over 10% ABV , no wonder it was the drink of choice for the colinies and the early USA, some great stuff. , one of the ladys made bacon wrapped cheese balls with a pretzel stick to pick them op with , went well with the cider .... I smoked a 60 x6 conn. wrapped Leafe by Oscar Vallohores through out the evening , & it stood up to the chese and cider, , I am not a fan of anything larger than a 54 ring , but this one was fine , just to big around, I am a 45/50 ring kind of guy unless it is a tappered stick, then I dont care how big the ring is as long as the bite is under 54 . anything bigger is uncomfortable to hold in your mouth , I like to chew the ends as I smke , it is a bad habbit I picked up years ago , but I enjoy it so why stop.
got my car back for the anniul state inspection, . 2 tires , and some front end parts a small cost of a medium humidor full of cigars, and i was on my way, my wife car didnt need a thing, she had less than 2500 miles on it since last years inspection. , , it is a 2007 mercury Milan , , with half the miles my 2009 escape has , her car is as clean today as the day we got it , NO CIGARS in it, mine how ever is a rolling ashtray and it looks it hahahaha .
the grandsons are both doing well , no major conflicts to tell you about, I have a lot of respect for there work ethic, . I dont see anyof the entitlement attitude from either of them , thay want some thing they work for it . , both work and go to school, one at the local community collage the other taking classes on line froma local university . no time to go to class when you are working fulltime and a part time job, saving money to buy a home. no more renting, , build a solid savings program , a nice investment portfolio , and giving back to the community with a volintere program at the church. , coulnt be prouder of them.

I spent a good deal of time saturday at Alleghney Smoke Works in Blawnox Pa about a 45 minit trip to the other side of Pittsburgh , for the NOG & Grogg kick off party to the new cigar smoking season. it was a fun time , well I better finishe this off soon I need to take a dump hahaha Enjoy Vince

"Let us neither express, nor cherish, any harsh feeling towards any citizen who, by his vote, has differed with us. Let us at all times remember that all American citizens are brothers of a common country, and should dwell together in the bonds of fraternal feeling." - Abraham Lincoln

Good morning it is Sunday 1/29/17 a cold dry day here here da Burgh 30 F with a lot of wind & the TV guy said the wind chill was 23 , I just went out to turn on the heat In the Qtr.deck and it was 30 inside & 30 outside , not much sun , a drab winter day .....
the wife is not up to par , she might need a new hip , since both knees were dont almost 20 years ago & now she is in a lot of pain , again , went to the doc last week got a few X Rays and will be going back this week to see what they have to say. ,,, it was a lot of fun getting old, being old is no fun !
I felt a little lazy this morning so I made a pot of oatmeal , sliced a banana , added some rasins and a few drops of Chocolate syrup, and a shot of cream , that was breakfast with a pot of dunkin donuts coffee , a little light in flavor, as it was a lighter roast than I like , but it was OK , and I am skipping the kona today, going with a deep dark espresso roast from a company in Italy , not one of the big brand names you see in the super market , I forget the name and am to lazy to go look , it will be paired with a Bahia Maduro , instead of the Don Carlos #3 , so I have noticed my taste buds are in a state of change, I am smoking a lot more maduros and by passing the cammeroons , and almost dropping all the conn. wrappers , , I guess its the cold temps , and the darker roast coffees I have been making lately, BUT the Islay scotches are still flowing !
I have a change in the Sunday Menu as the boss requested a meat loaf with baked yams today ,,,,,, ok with me , I will stuff it with roasted red peppers and a lot of cheese,baked with tomato sauce , I dont know if she will want any veggies on the side so that will be a spur of the moment pick by her ,,, if she wants them.
I havent been out much this past week, to cold to open the roof on the car , & if I cant open the roof the wife isnt going to go out as she is not feeling well and the smoke gets to her with the sun roof closed, , I have opened the side window , and just cracked open the sun roof but she complains , so I just dont light up if we do go out, , last night we did take a little drive , & I did have a cigar , and she didnt complain as I did open the roof and run the heater on full blast, we listened to the Parrie Home Companion with out Garrison Keilor , its an ok show but I miss the news from Lake Woebegone and some of the skits they did , the new host plays a mandolin but just dosent have the "Gravitos " of the voice garrison has. but he was in his 70's and it was time to retire, I sure do miss him. , when it was over we switched stations tooa Saturday night Jazz program, this station used to be all Jazz , but new owners & new call letters , it is a BBC station at night and NPR new all day But for Saturday evening , we get Jazz from 8 to midnight , then back the the BBC , Ok a little international news is OK but not all night ..... glad the car has a CD player .

not much going on with the grandsons , work and school for both of them, , I am working one night a week at the Bowling alley In Aliquippa , , Sheffield lanes , you will find me every Thursday in the Fallout shelter, the basement Bar, I will be dispencing booze , cigars (yes it is CIGAR FRIENDLY ) a bit of wit and wisdom , food is great & the Jazz will be playing they have a nice selection of scotches and bourbons , and this guy comes in and askes for a martini, ok I can make it I know how but this is a Bowling alley there is no shaker, no vermouth , no olives , so I give him Tangeray #10 on the rocks with out the olive , he is happy , didnt miss the vermouth at all , cant get much dryer than than hahahaha , I make sure I have a few snifters for the top shelf whiskys we have , and they are Cheep, a single malt scotch( 12 YO Glenlivette) or a Blantons Bourbon , doubble shot is under 10 bucks ....... I have paid ten or more for a single in some places if they even have a single malt in stock.

well it is time to get the meat loaf mixed up so I can rest before i stick it in the oven ,Enjoy, Vince

"Let us neither express, nor cherish, any harsh feeling towards any citizen who, by his vote, has differed with us. Let us at all times remember that all American citizens are brothers of a common country, and should dwell together in the bonds of fraternal feeling." - Abraham Lincoln

I guess my political opinions have ruffeled a few feathers here, for that I am NOT one bit sorry, that is what I have to say & I have been saying it since I stated posting here many years ago . I lived through the Truman , Eisenhour, Kennedy , Johnson,Nixon ,Ford , Carter ,Ragen, Bush , Clinton, Bush JR, Obama & now the Donald , to young to vote for Truman & Ike , I was a Kennedy backer , anti Johnson, went on a no prefferece kick for a few years thought about McGoven & Humphry , was Pro ROSS Peroit , anti Clinton , but changed my party regestration to vote for Obama in the primary over Killery the first time she ran & was a Ben Carson fan this past election , but I would have voted for Berney Sanders had he got the nod from the democratic party , My vote this past election was not a PRO donald but an ANTI Killory , I have had friends and family who had dealings with the clintons ...... so If I ruffeled your feathers I am not sorry one bit , I have an opinion , and just like assholes everyone has one. that is MY political opinion , ened of my rant , & I will not adress it again unless i feel the need to state my asshole errr opinion agin
Enjoy, Vince

good afternoon B/SOTL , it is Sunday 2/5/17 a cool cloud covered day here in da Burgh , Got a late start today , but I think I have caught up now , the heat is on in the Qtr.deck , the hunk O beef is in the oven & I have the coffee ready to go as soon as I get this done, & will be heading out for a cigar, today it will kick off with a Davidoff , given to me by my little brother, he has the cash to spend on TOP shelf cigars , (he has an expence account at work ) Me being retired , I pay for my bad habbits hahaha , BUT I did talk to the owner of the local radio station where I worked for 4 years , about comming back as a fill in or part time a few days a week. who knows what that will bring.....
, the wife & I went for our regular Saturday eve cigar ride last night , from our home to the local coffee shop, to Youngstown Ohio and back a different route , it was a nice road, all the way, the traffic was not bad , no construction areas with blocked off lanes, the music was good and the cigar was a Bahia Maduro that lasted almost the entire trip , well over 2 hours for the ride & I get just over 2 hours on the cigar, , it was a good night.
I made cheese filled Crapes for breakfast , a dollop of sour cream and some persaved mixed fruit , it was filling, tasty and easy to do ....
Grandson #1 is moving to his own place soon & we went out shopping for furniture , & house hold items, he sold everything he had when he went back to south Americia a few years ago & when he came back he has been living with his father , but he needs to be on his own , cant have a friend over for the night if you live with your parents hahahaha , so everything we got him before is now gone so he needs to fill out an entire home with everything he needs from curtains to toilet paper, last time he got lucky and was about to get some Verrrrrry nice stuff free, this time he is Paying for everything that he wants , it will be to his exact specks or he moves on to the next store, he has been lucky at the Pittsburgh IKEA , picking up a few items every time he is in the store, I wnt one time,,,, if you have never been to IKEA , your in for a HIKE, there is no short cuts , the store routes you THROUGH Every isle , you must go through the living room section to get to the bedroom section , and if you want the kitchen section good luck its at the end, so you see what you want but your not finished, you get the item number then got to the whare house to pick it up , you must find it then take it to the check out...... MY FEET HURT from the long walk, , but the way the place is laid out I still stopped to look at some BS item that caught my eye, , marketing at the finest, glad we were in his FIAT , no room for the BS stuff I was looking at hahahaha
Lat thursday eve, I did my Bar tending gig , from 5 to close at Sheffiedl Lanes Bowling alley In Aliquippa Pa ,in the Fallout Shelter, the bar in the basement of the place, had a great time 2 of the Ladys I went to High school with stopped in , after the gee great to see you BS we did have a great conversation about old class mates & how many have passed away , how it feels to be OLD .....

Grandson #2 is a busssy man , school, work & girl friend, have him worn down a bit , no time to hang out with the OLD FOLKS , hard for me to get my mind arround the fact I have 2 adult grandson , ,,, I dont even think of myself as an adult hahahaha

the Qtr.deck has had the heat on for about an hour , I am in the need of more coffee & I nhave bored all of you readers long enough , time for a small fire and burn up a cigar sip some coffee and listen to the radio , CD payer , or maybe just look at the inside of my eye lids ,,,, Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.