What did you drink today?

Last night I had two interesting brews
1. Westmalle Trapist tripel
Cirtrus and lemon on the nose; very subtle. It starts with the classic belgian sour dough yeasty flavour, but an easy one not too strong, then it moves to a little honey and fruitty and a subtle and smooth finish. Not as complex as I was expecting. Medium body and smooth as silk on the finish. Remarkably smooth. Pretty good.
4 out of 6
2. Stone smoked porter
A much darker beer mahogany in color with a ton of chocolate on the nose and a little woodsy. This is one dark offering. A lot of chocolate and really full bodied, with some smoke on the finish. Usually I really like smokey flavours, but this was not working for me. The chocolate and smoke did not work well together. The finish was dry and a little bitter hops. This was an interesting beer; and I usually like dark beers, but it tried to do too many things. The smokey flavour was too much for me.
3 out of 6; it would have scored higher without the smoke.

The Glenlivet 16 y/o Nadurra at cask strength. For any fans of floral note Single Malts, this is a must try!!!

I had Johnnie Walker Red Label neat today as it was a hard day....
I do enjoy enjoy single malts as well. Although, from time to time I will go back to the first scotch I ever had.

Today I've enjoyed a bottle of partial mashed homebrew. This a mild IPA. For being dryhopped, it has a surprisingly light nose. We added oak chips to the secondary for this one and it dows impart a nice flavor. Good stuff.

After a stellar day in the office (I left in the middle of the day) I am having an Elmer T Lee reserve and a homebrew red ale. I may have a couple more of each before the afternoon is over. :beer:

Finished off the last of the Glenmorangie 18yr - I can't belive how smooth and tasty that is! Can't wait for tax refund next year!

Lagavulin,,,

I thought I liked Scotch before, but I was blown away by this. The taste of Peat and smoek was just AWESOME

tonight im drinking Cordon Rouge Champagne.

this is the real deal, from France.

why?

both the wife and I Just got a raise. Cheers! heres to the good life! :cheers:

I tried some Laphroaig 10yo cask strength tonight. I thought it was great, but I can see why a lot of people would hate it.

zandor said:
I tried some Laphroaig 10yo cask strength tonight. I thought it was great, but I can see why a lot of people would hate it.

I had a wee dram of this on Monday and thought it was great. Tuesday I poured some Jamesons into a snifter and enjoyed that with a Cohiba Siglo I.

been drinking brooklyn lager. nothing amazing but it sure is good in front of the fire.

Our good friend and mentor, Jack Daniel, died 96 years ago today.

Celebrate the right way.

Condolences

I know, me too. I'll start looking in on this thread more, and posting more hopefully, if time permits. For my Wednesday night hangout with a couple old friends, one from high school days, and with my body beginning to accept beer again, I raided my friend's fridge. He has a bunch of semi-powerful and powerful beers he bought for a former employee a few years ago, and they've been sitting in his fridge ever since.

The former employee's stash therefore, is now mine whenever I'm there. YEAH, BABY!!! I had an Orval 6.2% and a Westmalle 9.5%. I know the Westmalle was a Trappist Ale, and I believe the Orval had similar origins.

New Belgium Trippel after work, and just finished a Weihenstephaner Korbinian w/a Master Blends. The first was good, the latter was freakin great. I will be drinking a lot more of these.

Yesterday I had a few Crown Royal Cask No. 16, just a beautiful drink!!! I ended up buying a bottle before I left.

im going to a wine tasting hosted at a friend of a friend's house. im not sure what level wines will be there, or how it will be set up, or if they know what they are doing, but lets hope for the best. anything noteable ill post here

ok ... the parts was awesome.

not a single bottle of wine was under $35. 55 on the high end. this is usually out of my price range. i usually top out at around 25 or so.

i wish i could tell you all about them but i honestly dont remember the names . :wink:

again ... im not sure what kind of wiskey it was but it was good. now my belly is warm and my nose is red.

time to hit the sack. Ill have to talk to my neighbor about what that was tomorrow.